Don’t Delay Your Flight … Renew Today!
Don’t delay, take flight today and renew your membership with the Sports Aviation Federation of Australia.
To continue to experience the exhilaration of free flight, whilst enjoying that bird’s-eye view of the world, it is a requirement that all pilots renew their membership with SAFA.
As an organisation, we are much more than simply providing insurance. SAFA is passionate about advocating on our member’s behalf;
- As a member of ASAC, we advocate with various stakeholders, both national and international in the best interests of our members and their disciplines
- We set and pursue strategies for the growth and sustainability of our sport
- We seek to ensure our pilots operate safely and lawfully
- We ensure our operational processes and procedures retain relevance in a changing regulatory environment
- We seek continuous improvement to our member benefits and services
- We provide financial support to Regional Associations, Clubs and other groups for approved projects that support the growth of our sport
Benefits of Renewing with SAFA.
- SAFA members fly secure in the knowledge that they are protected by all necessary insurances throughout Australia.
- Be part of a supportive flying community of 3,500 fellow members, where we encourage you to spread your wings and take flight with your mates.
- SAFA is responsible for administrating flight operations to protect and promote member’s safety.
- SAFA is your industry body and will advocate, support and inform members on all things sports aviation.
- SAFA liaises with related sporting bodies and international organisations on its member’s behalf.
- SAFA supports women pilots and sees this area as having a wonderful growth opportunity of our sport.
- Be part of a sporting and recreational legacy that stretches back over 50 years.
- Be part of an adrenalin-pumping, thrilling sport that takes you sky high.
Safety and lawful participation are of the utmost importance to SAFA. Without a current SAFA membership, flying is prohibited, and your licence, ratings and qualifications are no longer valid in Australia or overseas.
The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) is prosecuting illegal flying activities. SAFA is focussed on safety, the future sustainability of our sport, and ensuring your freedom to fly continues.
We look forward to seeing you soar in this sport and fly high across Australian and overseas skies.
SAFA also wants you to understand how your money is being spent, and we are working hard to keep the cost of membership down. Click on this link to gain a greater understanding.
To renew your membership login to your account and click the renewal menu option.
Until next time, safe, fun flying
- Paul Green, President, SAFA